Friday, December 10, 2010

Easy Peasy Baby Leg Tutorial

These are my first attempt at the DIY Baby Legs. Everyone keeps telling me they are super easy and they were NOT kidding! So simple and quick! I bought the knee socks at Target in the women's section for $1.99 I believe and both pictured are the same size. I love that they fit my 5mo old AND my 2 1/2yr old. When my first was a baby he was super chunky and the baby legs I had only fit him for a very short while before his little thunder thighs outgrew them.

...And just look how darn cute these are...


I love this pic ;p 


Now I know there are a ton of tutorials out there so I wasn't going to ad one here for that reason, but then I figured I may as well while I'm at it so...

1) Buy some knee socks and cut them like so... 
(The heel and toe are not needed. I'm saving mine to use for stuffing toys or whatever else I come up with) 


2) Take the piece you cut from the foot, open it up, and fold it wrong sides together cut ends matching...


3) Place this over the end of the leg piece right sides together and cut ends matching...


4) Open it up and sew around the edge. (You should have 3 layers to sew together)


5) Flip the end piece over and Voila! 


Now how easy was that?! I think it took me longer to make this blog post than it did to make the leggings lol.


1 comment:

  1. So cute! I have been saying for weeks that I wish leg warmers were the "in" thing for toddler boys (lol.) Now I wish even more since I could make them myself! I will just have to find a little girl to dress up for the time being so I can try this. :)

    ReplyDelete