Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Boy and Girl shared Mario Bedroom

First some cute-ness!!!



Now before you see the room, let me insert that I have NO free time whatsoever since I became a single mom and work almost full time. I have never gotton to do them a room until now, finally. I generally don't just "go at" something until I am prepared to do it exactly how I want it, however, current situation doesn't leave much room for that so I had to just throw it together in my off days and I had to use whatever paint I had on hand. I used the absolute wrong shade of green, but I already had a gallon I had bought about a year ago so I used that. I had some craft paint and I mixed my colors so if I need to touch up in the future I can't lol. I did throw a coat of  Modpodge over the bottom portions lol. I did not think of that 'til after I started. I free-handed everything and did the whole room in about 3 days working on it while the kids were in school. I wanted it to be a surprise. So pardon the lack of perfection, I am not exaggerating when I say I literally threw it all together as fast as I possibly could. The room isn't finished either as I need to paint the door, trim and ceiling and they need a new ceiling fan, but here we go...

finished pics first. I didn't get real good ones sorry!... 




the blocks are shelves...







the whole room before furniture...







I Modpodged pics of them "coming out of" the pipes... 




My mil got Zander the bedding and curtains and custom made Avalon's princess Peach bedding since apparently they don't make Mario room decor for girls. The shame!



The twin bed was a hand me down, the princess bed I traded a rocking chair for and the canopy I found in a bag of hand me down clothes from her cousin so bascially...
 the finished product... 
Mario room for two on a $0 budget in 3 days lol. (plus the cost of one large bottle of modpodge after a 40% off coupon) turned out cute and a huge thanks to the mil for all her help.



1 comment:

  1. WOW - you did an AMAZING job on this room!! Way to go, Amber!
    ~h

    ReplyDelete